Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have bought a new car u know!

The other day I was in chat with one of my colleagues.... he tries to balance his work and personal life and is content with what he has got. An engineer from UDCT, he got into textiles and now is with us doing training (he likes to share gyan I guess) and also follows his passion for photography.

He mentioned of an incident where one of his batchmates spoke to him about his new Honda city.... the latest one which he bought for 11 lacs. My friend knew where he was getting to as he has delibrately not purchased a car for himself. Staying in Colaba it doesnt make sense to have a car and drive to office in Goregaon. Instead he got himself a scooty which he uses to travel around his house. Coincidentally his friend also lives in Colaba and has office at andheri. He got the car but cannot drive in the traffic. Then why did he get it, my friend asked him. I think we know the answer.

We become happy by material gains, by showing off. But this is temporary and we soon will hear the guy buying something else to make him happy. My friend is happy with his scooty and merrily shoots butterflies in his backyard. I saw the pictures and quite liked them (The ones you see here are his)


Guess we need to choose our path to happiness wisely.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. i like this.. i like such people who are willing to do what they believe in...

    ReplyDelete